Principal Consultant at Talent Source
Views:353 Applications:50 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Technical Service Manager - Paper Segment - Wet Coating/Paper Chemicals (4-8 yrs)
Hiring for our Associate Client MNC
Qualification : Pulp & Paper Technology,BSc /MTech /
The Position : Technical Service Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- Product application for customer entry and long term customer retention - Understanding of the product application at paper mill/customer end, analysis of the product performance w.r.t. the specs, technical suitability of for application, benefits to customer, any other related technical issues, answering of and helping in resolving customers technical queries/clarifications, carrying out product trials as required.
- Technical support in finalizing product recommendation for customers by analysis of technical parameters, relevant tests and suitability to application. Continuous support to respond to customers' changing needs.
- Active involvement in New Product Development and Innovation aligned with evolving customer needs.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Maintaining a Technical Account plan for all our customers with tech info on the paper mill and the application details w.r.t. m/c, chemicals, formulation, furnish and all related aspects.
- Study and recommend suitability of raw material for final product.
- Preparation of all technical related reports.
- Planning, Coordinating, conducting and supervising all technical trials of product and assessment of product performance.
- Study and resolution of customer and internal complaints.
- Co-ordination and active working with MNC manufacturing plants to address product related Technical/Application issues/concerns with the objective of ensuring product quality and application needs.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS :
Experience : A total experience of 8 - 10 years out of which at least 4 years should have been in the Production/Process/QC areas in a Paper Mill of repute and additional experience on application of wet end/ coating/paper chemicals.
Exposure to : ISO and systems based working.
- Problem solving skills
- The job involves hands on work in paper mills and therefore willingness to travel extensively and adapt to local conditions is a must
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER CHARACTERISTICS :
- Should be equipped with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assess, motivate and develop team members
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and lead stroke participate decision-making processes in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance product application and customer needs.
- A strong ability to be adaptable and flexible. Strong technical, analytical and decision-making skills. Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.