Talent Acquisition at Applied Materials
Views:140 Applications:3 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Technical Sourcing Management Role (5-10 yrs)
About Applied :
- Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. The NPI MPM is responsible for sourcing of newly designed products, setting up strategies for cost reduction, supply continuity and sourcing decisions.
Primary Responsibility :
1. Responsible for initiating and managing RFQ, lead time, should cost (Cost estimation) request assigned by internal stakeholders.
2. Able to utilize existing supplier matrix for quoting, negotiate and award business to supplier.
3. Drive dual sourcing to ensure supply continuity, understand long-lead drivers and develop lead time mitigation strategies.
4. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define sourcing strategies/ plans for NPI/ Pilot projects.
5. Responsible for supplier part qualification per inspection requirements for components identified as critical parts.
6. Ability to understand multi-level BOM, read drawings, special process/ specifications and communicate with suppliers.
7. Identify make vs. buy opportunities and drive alignment/decision with key stakeholders
8. Using software tools, perform regular cost roll-up and analyze cost performance to drive corrective action as required to achieve product cost target.
9. Responsible for resolving discrepancies between cost targets and quoted cost, create and deliver presentations to program executives and CFT stakeholders.
10. Develop supplier selection process for piece parts and outsourced modules/ assemblies, identify supply chain risks supporting sourcing decisions.
11. Ensure smooth product transition from NPI to volume manufacturing.
Qualification & Experience :
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Preferably Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, or Industrial) with minimum of 5 years of experience into sourcing, program management and supplier management.
1. Should have prior sourcing, negotiation, dual sourcing, and supplier management experience.
2. Proficient with MS Office. Excel is a must
3. Knowledge of manufacturing methods & commodities as related to product and cost structure.
4. Ability to read and interpret BOM's.
5. Must be self-starter and be able to operate independent of day-to-day supervision.
6. Excellent people and presentation skills.
Other Skills (Good to have) :
1. Knowledge of SAP MM Module.
2. Costing experience: needs to understand various cost models (E.g., Outsourced assembly/ module), mark-up, margins etc.
3. Have worked with cross functional team on New product / Design change projects.
4. Able to interpret drawings. Using 3D modelling and PLM software.
5. Have worked with global suppliers.