senior consultant at Randstad India Private Limited
Views:703 Applications:42 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Technical Superintendent - Shipping/Marine (10-18 yrs)
Opportunity to work with a Chemical Tanker Owning Company.
Following are the details of the role :
Designation : Technical Superintendent
Experience : Minimum 10 years of experience on the Shore and experience with tanker vessel and DPA.
Location : Mumbai
Report to : General Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION : The successful applicant will have responsibility for the day to day management for 3 Chemical Tankers.
Duties will include, but are not limited to :
- Technical management of 3 Chemical Tankers to ensure the availability, reliability and smooth operations meet the business requirements and industry standards, rules and regulations
- Develop operations guidelines and oversee daily operations to ensure the fleet is seaworthy and flawless operations meet the business requirements and industry standards, rules and regulations
- Plan and manage the on-board manning operation, in collaboration with HR, to ensure availability of competent officers and ratings that complies with the business requirements, national and international rules and regulations
- Develop and manage scheduled fleet maintenance plans for the assigned fleet of vessels to ensure availability and reliability of the fleet
- prepare dry docking or repair scope and attend to vessel during dry docking and repair works to ensure cost-effective and successful completion of projects
- Plan and manage the procurement of spares and stores activities to ensure cost-effective and timely supply to ships for the proper maintenance and safe operations of the assigned vessels
- Develop and manage the budgets
- Develop a pool of capable and competent Assistant Superintendents and employees to support the business growth and operational needsGeneral:
- The coordination of all operations and/or technical matters in line with the Company's policies, maritime rules and regulations and industry standards.
- Instructing, coordinating and monitoring works/repairs.
- Implementing machinery and hull performance monitoring in the context of long-term vessels- operational costs savings.
- Dealing with any damage repairs preserving vessels commercial competence and originating long-term corrective/preventive actions in order to avoid re-occurrence.
- Monitoring all technical problems, major defects and follow up, until corrective action is verified.
- Co-operating with the Operations department to achieve the optimum vessels- performance consistent with their commercial obligations.
- The timely correction/rectification of any outstanding items related to the SMS.
- Ensuring the proper management of spare parts and deck/engine stores and assisting in the control of the vessels- budgets.
- Controlling and monitoring the lub-oil and bunker quality and consumption.
- Monitoring all aspects/performance of assigned vessels- operation including safety and environmental protection, etc. to ensure that these are carried out in compliance with the Company's requirements for a flawless, efficient, competitive and customer focused operation and prevailing International and Flag State legislation. Initiating corrective actions when such performance does not meet with the Company's standards.
- Keeping records of the functioning and condition of all instruments and equipment onboard.
- Checking the logbooks, the Oil Record Books, etc. and ensuring that contingency plans and other manuals are updated.
- Monitoring the inventories of mooring equipment, safety equipment, life saving, fire fighting equipment and portable instruments.
- Attending Vetting and third party inspections.
Health, Quality, Safety and Environmental protection Management :
- The promotion of the SMS Policy and culture on board vessels.
- Demonstrating his commitment to safety and environmental excellence, by his behaviour.
- Reporting to the DPA on matters that deviate from the SMS procedures.
- Suggesting to the DPA possible improvements/modifications of the SMS.
- Ensuring that the working conditions onboard are safe.
- Performing internal audits.
- Investigating accidents, incidents and serious near misses.
- Reviewing all reports of non-conformities, incidents or near misses received by the vessels assigned to him and following-up the implementation and verification of corrective/preventive actions process inclusive their effectiveness.
- Participating in the Emergency Response Team, as delegated by the General Manager.
- The effective implementation of preventive maintenance of hull, main machinery, deck machinery, electrical equipment, etc, as described in the PMS and set by the Class/Flag
- Monitoring the Class and Flag State requirements and planning/supervising the required surveys. Ensuring that the certification of assigned vessels is maintained in accordance with the relevant Class and Flag State requirements.
- Keeping abreast with the Statutory and Class regulations and standards.
- Attending and sailing with vessels to solve operational problems onboard.
- Inspecting assigned vessels, monitoring their condition and preparing condition/attendance reports, including any comments on cargo operation, maintenance,crew performance, etc.
- Analyzing the results of assigned vessels- inspections and following-up all reports of vessels- condition and performance.
- Issuing maintenance instructions (job orders) following vessels- inspections.
- Assisting the shipboard personnel to eliminate problems and/or malfunctions.
- Developing efficient repair methods and evaluating/selecting, in cooperation with the General Manager, quality sub-contractors.
Attending repairs and Dry Dockings :
- Preparing and formulating repair specifications, taking into account the requirements of Class Society, Owners- and Company's standards, PMS reports, deck, tank and machinery condition reports, defect reports, the Master's and C/E's reports and National Port State and International legislation.
- Evaluating repair quotations, selecting repair Companies and location of the repairs, based on the - best quality of works- / - cost- relation, taking into account the vessels- itinerary and Charter Party obligations.
- Implementing the specifications and repairs effectively and efficiently to the Owners- favour in a timely manner, avoiding any delays to the vessels- commercial schedules.
- Planning vessels- equipment maintenance as allowed by the vessel's itinerary and schedule and in accordance with the SMS procedures.
- Monitoring and processing the Planned Maintenance System for life saving appliances and fire fighting equipment.
- Attending delivery of new acquisitions.
- Processing all spare parts requisitions received from vessels and monitoring the efficient and timely supply of all spares required for the proper maintenance and safe operation of the vessels.
- Ensuring that the purchase orders for engine spares/stores are reviewed for accuracy and propose to the Purchasing Manager the suppliers to be contacted.
- The seafarers level of onboard training and the monitoring and execution of scheduled drills.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the seagoing personnel and reporting accordingly to the Crew Manager.
- Familiarising new shore staff and providing in-house training to the Masters, C/Es and other seagoing personnel with the requirements of the SMS related to the operational and technical aspects of the vessel and the PMS.
- Participating in the briefing and de-briefing of Masters, C/Es, etc. before and after appointment, as per the SMS relevant procedure.
- Identifying the need for crew training.
- Conducting on board training.
Key Requirements :
The successful applicant will ideally :
- Holded a Certificate of Competency (Class 1) - Steam Ships and have sailed as a Chief Engineer on Tankers.
- Fully familiar with modern planned maintenance systems, vetting and management system requirements- Required to travel for work
- Excellent verbal and written English and computer skills are essential
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.