Technical Support Manager - Catalyst Manufacturing (8-18 yrs)
Job Title : Technical Support Manager
Job Family : RD & Engineering
Grade Reports to (role) : Site Operations Director
Business Unit : Catalyst Technologies
Location : Panki Site, Kanpur
JOB PURPOSE :
- Managing overall Technical Support and Process Engineering function, supporting to manufacturing, quality assurance, process safety, projects and NPI / product development activities.
- Position will also act as link between global technical teams / Chilton R&D team / Product development groups and site.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Excellent exposure to manufacturing processes, safety, analytical and quality control operations.
- Knowledge and experience of catalyst manufacturing processes and quality control will be highly preferable
- Excellent knowledge of chemical engineering as well as Chemistry
- Experienced in managing experienced and senior technical people (Chemical Engineers and Chemists)
- Experience of working with multinational technical teams and technology transfers
- Rich experience in participating in technical discussions, decision making processes and presenting technical case studies
- Ability to understand Analytical applications and interpret results.
- Problem solving/handling and interpreting information/design of experiments
- Good acquaintance to Safety Procedures, audits, HAZOP studies, OHSAS, Sustainability etc
- Technical Reports, Presentation and Feasibility studies
- Communication/interpersonal skills including team building, counselling and coaching
- Management skills including priority setting, reviewing and time management.
- Good planning, forecasting and budgeting skills
QUALIFICATIONS/ KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE :
- Master- s/Bachelor Degree most likely in a Chemistry or Chemical Engineering discipline
- Sound understanding of EHS systems and leadership
- Significant experience of a leadership role, ideally gained within a fast-changing environment, with ability to demonstrate the execution of change
- Significant diverse / complex manufacturing experience, ideally within a Hazardous chemical manufacturing environment with reputed MNC / Indian Companies
- Proven competence in both leading and developing a talented set of direct reports is essential
- Proven competence in a highly regulated manufacturing environment
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean and TPM and their implementation strategies
- Vendor development & process management experience
- Strong communicator at all levels of the organisation, coupled with excellent presentation skills, people management Skills.
- Experience of managing in a qualified & experienced team