Managing Director at Adler Talent Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Views:159 Applications:6 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Thermal Systems Engineer (4-5 yrs)
Job Description :
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute the design and development of cooling solutions for batteries for different applications.
- Collaborate with Electrical, simulation and system teams to optimize system layout and component placement.
- Validate thermal compliance of systems and components with regards to industry standards.
- Summarize and present thermal/cooling technical data to engineering teams, vendors, and customers.
- Investigate and identify new techniques to advance cooling schemes and thermal management.
- Interface with contract manufacturers and vendors for cooling solution developments and improvements.
- Provide thermal/cooling technical supports from component to rack level battery systems.
- Experience working as a thermal, mechanical, or validation engineer in computer or electronics cooling development is strongly desirable
- Experience running CFD thermal/cooling simulation software (Ansys fluent, Icepak or FloTHERM)
- Hands-on experiences working with heat sink, air shroud/fan duct designs and cooling fan/blower components
- Hands-on experiences in battery system level thermal testing or validation, including thermocouple installations, automated data acquisitions, and related lab equipment operations.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make significant progress in timely manner simultaneously
- Pack thermal Structure Components (Responsible for design, release, and execution of structural and coolant hose components within a battery pack)
- Thermal Mitigation Hardware (Responsible for design, release, and execution of thermal runaway and propagation mitigation components within a battery pack).
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Oversee design and packaging of battery thermal systems.
- Work with Designers to ensure interface and packaging compatibility both internally and externally
- Work with other component owners to select appropriate designs. Reuse parts where appropriate
- Work with manufacturing to ensure build ability and to determine quality requirements
- Work to support manufacturing in root cause
- Work with service to ensure serviceability
- Oversee and support DFMEA and Design Reviews Based on Test Results (DRBTR)
- Resolve all development and validation issues related to battery thermal components.
- Development of Thermal systems and components to meet established performance requirements
- Closely coordinate with suppliers to achieve Thermal component and system requirements
- Support Manufacturing and Quality activates for post-production program maintenance
- Conduct logical problem solving activities through root cause analysis and countermeasure proposal to effectively close concern issues
- Provide program management to support department milestone activities
- Identify current model quality and value-up ideas, as well as and support adoption
- Maintain knowledge of automotive and stationary Thermal competitive landscape via benchmarking activities
Required Skills And Experience :
- B.Tech Electrical & Electronics Engineer with 4 to 5 years of experience as a thermal systems engineer in any Battery industry.
- Understanding of engineering theory
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Time management skills to meet agreed upon customer deliverables, able to manage multiple projects
- Proficient computer skills including analyzing data, creating presentations
- Interpersonal styles and communication skills to work effectively with local and international team members
- Technical writing ability to create written engineering evaluation reports
- Ability to read, interpret and generate engineering drawings and specifications
- Familiarity with Ansys, Icepack and CAD