Recruiter at Titagarh Limited
Views:136 Applications:4 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Titagarh - Traction Motor Design Engineer - Mechanical (8-12 yrs)
Purpose of the job:
Design and Development of Traction Motors and Drive systems for Rail vehicles.
- Detail mechanical design of traction motor and develop outline design of complete drive system.
- Design claculation,FEM simulation and structural strength calculations of motor components.
- Review FEA analysis and Fan flow simulation reports.
- Designing products taking into account the project requirements, performances, manufacturability, serviceability, testability, different norms and standards.
- Prepare technical specifiaction for traction motor as per customer requirement clauses and submit the design specification to customer and implement feedbacks in the design.
- 3D CAD modelling, 2D drafting activities, Stack-up analysis, apply GD&T techniques .
- Define Traction motor interfaces with gear box,bogie frame, motor duct connections as per space volume, weight, location requirement in the vehicle.
- Integration of electro-mechanical parts i.e copper coils,terminal box, cable glands,sensor parts inside the motor.
- Verification and valiadation of the design via digital mock-ups or simulations.
- Complete BOM preparation including the material selections,manufacturing consumables, specify assembly processes.
- Closely work with supply chain team to select the vendors for motor components and streamline with manufacturing team.
B. Job Requirements:
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge:
B. Tech in Mechanical/Electrical Engg.or Equivalent with strong knowledge of Product design and Development
Relevant experience required:
- Overall, 8-10 years of relevant design experience in Rail domain or similar industry.
- It includes, Min. of 3-5 yrs. exp. in traction motor design in reputed Traction Motor manufacturing companies.
- Competencies and Skills required by the position/role
- In-depth knowledge of motor components and assembly process
- Product Design Skills is must for this role
- Proficiency in 3D modelling in CREO software
- Strong knowledge in GD&T
- Knowledge of Windchill PDM link
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills