Principal Consultant at Talent Leads Consultants
Views:106 Applications:8 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Towers Manager - MWC Engineering (15-16 yrs)
Job Title/Designation : MWC Engineering - Towers Manager, Bangalore
Employment Type : Full Time, Permanent
Job Description :
1. Experience in Mechanical Design/ Structure design.
2. Should have handled a team of 5 members
Industry Experience Required : Wind Industry, Heavy Engineering
Experience Range : 15 - 20 Years
Job Description Summary :
- The MWC Towers Manager has full responsibilities for Towers team within the MWC Engineering team, including tower shell, internals, and system integration. These design teams will report to this manager.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities :
- Lead product development activities and priorities for Towers Team
- Safety : Drive 100% on time SAFER action completion. Support proactive product safety assessments during NPIs. Engage with the new Systems Safety team to define requirements.
- Quality : Together with segment leadership and other MWC Engineering leaders, develop a vision for quality for the Towers team and drive its implementation. This includes support of RCAs, but also driving proactive measures through design, supplier engagement, field test and validation, etc
- Fulfillment : Deliver high quality component tools enabling fast, high quality responses to MLAs. Complete SDRs, PAC cases on time to support fulfillment.
- Cost : Drive projects, priorities, etc to meet 5% design change cost out goal. Engage with component teams to deliver 10% overall cost out through design, second source qualification, and logistics optimization for lowest landed cost
- NPI : Execute NPI programs on time at cost, supporting overall global platform strategy and regional market needs.
- Set priorities in the team to execute efficiently. Work with the Systems team on Systems integration. Work with Services Engineering to drive a closer relationship and more integrated life cycle approach to our designs and engineering decisions. Support FSA productivity with NPI design changes as needed
- NTI : Engage with AT&S team on new technology. Help identify most important technology, create a pull, and enable effective and timely transition to NPI
- Demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives Lean
- Live and drive the Lean culture within the team. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement through ownership of team KPIs and Bowler.
- Look for larger opportunities for Lean process improvement and engage in Lean events to make step changes in those processes.
- Make a concerted effort to improve training and standard work.
Team management, development, and growth :
- Work with HR to utilize the new Engineering competency matrix. Implement within team while focusing on ways to develop people, improve training, etc
- Prioritize and improve Systems Thinking capability within the team
Required Qualifications :
- BS in Engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience in Wind Turbine Engineering or related Systems Engineering background
Desired Characteristics :
- Advanced degree in Engineering
- Ability to summarize and communicate complex technical information
- Strong problem analysis and resolution skills
- Curiosity, passion for excellence, drive to deliver on-time
Experience : 15 to 18 years
Annual CTC : Rupees 30,00,000 to 35,00,000