Turbine Control Engineer - HMI (5-8 yrs)
Role Description :
- Convert SAMA logic diagrams, P&ID drawings, and process narratives into corresponding Distributed Control System (DCS) control logic blocks and operator HMI screens.
- Interpret P&ID diagram, concept sketches and develop process graphics. Develop Human Machine Interface (HMI) graphics and its process connection to software logic.
- Conceptualize the control design and present it to internal customer as part of customer design review.
- Perform/support factory acceptance test of control system using closed loop simulation.
- Experience working in project teams or task groups.
- Review customer specification and determine project deliverables, identify potential risks.
- Detailed working knowledge on DCS, PLC hardware and I/O types. IO list preparation and updates.
- Wiring schematic review for correctness.
- Provide back-office support as well as onsite support of control system/ Power plant startup.
- Knowledge in the following areas is required:
- Steam Turbine Governor, Open loop and protection Controls.
- Hydraulic valve positioners and associated instrumentation such as servo coils and LVDTs. Steam Turbine and Generator Instrumentation selection, specifications.
- Project instrument list, consumer list and signal exchange list preparation and updates.
- Hydraulic turbine trip schemes and over speed protection systems.
- Steam Turbine auxiliary systems such as lube oil, control oil, turning gear, etc.
- Steam Turbine Startup/Shut down sequence and different operational modes. Familiarity with SPPA T3000 is a preferred.
Education Qualification :
- Must have BE/BTech in Electrical/Electronics and Instrumentation or Instrumentation Engineering or its equivalent with 5+ years of experience including at least 2-3 years of experience in Energy/Aviation domain.
- Masters (ME/MTech) in relevant Engineering areas is an added advantage.
- Candidates with at least 7+ years of relevant experience in the field of Power Generation.
- Experience with DCS, PLC HW design is preferred.
- A team player with strong problem-solving skills and task oriented. This person would preferably be self-motivated, sometime ready to stretch, has good time management and willing to learn.