Manager-Talent Sourcing at Ad Astra Consultants
Views:139 Applications:10 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Vice President/Head - Research & Development - Battery Cell (5-10 yrs)
- Client is looking for Vice President Battery Cell Design in the R&D organization who would report to the CTO.
- The role requires to oversee and manage the battery R&D team for design and development for various format of battery cells manufactured.
- The HEAD will collaborate with the executive team on defining and monitoring the company's goals for the strategic direction of the company and R&D's focus on disruptive materials and innovations to fundamentally transform scientific aspects of battery industry.
- In this role the candidate will be leading highly technical team for advanced innovations in battery cell materials and design development in cylindrical, prismatic, pouch and blade form factors which meets and exceeds company's business objectives on safety, cycle life, energy densities, fast charge and cost.
- Candidate should be an excellent communicator, a strong leader and have problem-solving skills in order to effectively steer the R&D function's design, development and execution of battery cell technology development projects.
- This role is highly collaborative, working across functions with cell manufacturing for late-stage product and process Tech Transfers, Business Development for technical customer support activities, as well as Product Management and Product Marketing as new technologies are developed and readied for commercial delivery. - This role will report to and work closely with the CTO to build scientific knowledge, provide input for the selections of new materials, products and processes, and oversee the advancement of existing products and processes for the Company's entire R&D function.
Skills & Requirements :
- Support relationships with battery technology partner and collaborators for product and process details
- Support in developing R&D technology road maps with short term and long term focus.
- Champion corporate development relationships with the goal of sustaining strategic business partnerships and technical relationships within the R&D team in different cell chemistries types (Advanced LFP, High Nickel NMC, Solid State Electrolyte, Sodium ion)
- Supervise the design and development of lithium-ion batteries in cylindrical cells, prismatic cells, pouch cells and blade cells for high energy and high-power applications.
- Support the R&D proto and pilot line cell innovations and move them to products in record time
- Oversee R&D support for customer evaluations through qualification stages.
- Lead development and scaleup of Gen 3 battery architectures.
- Support the finalization of Research Labs, Manufacturing equipment for production line and pilot line.
- Lead team of Scientist and Engineers to implement electrode active materials and electrolyte technology into large format cells.
- Deliver cell design with safety in design, thermal and electrical simulations, material innovations for highly safe cells
- Test, improve and optimize battery characteristics, performance, and stability.
- Ensure scalability of laboratory techniques used for battery fabrication and testing.
- Provide technical direction and work assignments to 3rd party designers, technicians, and others, as required for various projects.
- Assess competitive technologies and their applications.
- Seek and develop strategic partnerships including raw material supply chains, develop overall localized supply chains, supplier onboarding and development.
- Work with the production teams to ensure that manufacturing specifications, product quality, and performance meet customer expectations.
- Oversee management of the company's R&D intellectual property.
Additional Job Description :
- Master's degree in chemical or electrochemical engineering, material science, or related field.
- 2+ years- experience in an executive leadership role.
- Expertise in battery cell design, development, manufacturing and electrochemistry.
- 5+ years- experience at a battery manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated track record for successfully managing not just scientific and/or engineering projects as a technical lead but also execution to product level
- In-depth knowledge in the electrochemical interaction of various cell components and advanced cell testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Design For Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, Reliability, Validation Planning.
- Demonstrate excellent level of leadership, analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
Preferred Skills :
- Ph.D. in Chemical or Electrochemical engineering, material science, or related field.
- AutoCAD or 3D modelling experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency applying 5S and/or six sigma methodologies.
- Statistical background and certifications.,
- Strong knowledge of cell manufacturing processes, Industrial Chemical processing,
- Strong understanding of battery cells, modules, packs safety and simulations.