Team - CorenthumElan at Corenthum Elan Consulting LLP
Views:380 Applications:69 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Vice President - Procurement - Mining (15-20 yrs)
Few important pointers for shortlisting will be as follows :
- Degree in Mechanical/ Mining Engineering; Master's degree in Business Administration is desirable
- Certifications/Degree in Supply Chain management would be an additional preferred qualification.
- Required to communicate with the top and bottom line of the organization
- Excellent Supplier Relationship Management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills with proven records of negotiating high value contracts/purchases.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & presentation skills
- Analytical & Problem-solving capabilities
- CANDIDATES FROM MINING COMPANIES OR OEM'S WOULD BE PREFERRED
Knowledge & Experience :
- Minimum work experience of 15+ years of which at least 03 years in Senior Management role for the Procurement vertical
- Expertise in vendor development, Negotiations and Commercial documentation.
- Implementation knowledge on technology driven procurement like reverse auction, etc.
- Expertise in cost benefit analysis as well as a clear working knowledge of TCO concepts in high impact / high value purchases.
- Understanding of Finance related transactions to Supply Chain Management.
- Knowledge in Export Import policies and know how on equipment & spare parts imports.
- Basic understanding of the Heavy Earth moving Moving Machinery (HEMM) & Mining.
Age Group : Range of 45 to 50 yrs (Exceptions can be made in excellent and relevant profiles)
Job Description/Skills (Indicative only) :
Head - Procurement will lead the procurement vertical of Parent Company & its group companies with a total spend base of Rs. 1,000+ Crores per annum of Lube, Spares and Capex and will manage the ongoing procurement activity (direct and indirect procurement of goods and services) with domestic and overseas vendors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Develop, establish and sustain short term goals for the procurement vertical in terms of input cost reduction, alternate vendor sourcing & vendor management.
- Develop and implement procurement related training programs for the team.
- Manage the existing purchase policies and procedures for strict compliance and develop further to enhance the overall efficiency of the vertical.
- Develop strategies to ensure optimal supplier performance as well as to reduce input cost.
- Work in close conjunction with the Senior Management team to achieve the overall business objectives.
- Act as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all internal stakeholders with respect to procurement related training, policy changes/enhancement, implementing best practices in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- Lead the central procurement vertical to ensure timely parts availability for operations - Pan India basis.
- Establish annual supply agreements for critical commodities like HSD, Lubes & Tyres for Mining applications.
- Assist in developing procurement strategies for Company overseas business ventures.
- Oversee, Implement and manage Annual Rate Contracts for spare parts and related items.
- Handle vendor grievances as well as establish vendor meets to enhance the business relationships.
- Finalize KPI's for the procurement vertical as well as for the team leaders of the purchase department.
- Business acumen on sourcing of aftermarket spares as well as sourcing knowledge to buy parts from OEM's OEM.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
ACCOMMODATION : Family Accommodation at Jamshedpur.
CONVEYANCE : Company provided vehicle for local transportation.