Consultant at Michael Page
Views:2457 Applications:517 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:41
Vice President - Project Management - Construction Operations (10-15 yrs)
Job Description :
- Responsible for administering, directing and coordinating project Construction, D&D and PMC activities with a focus on improving efficiency, reducing cost through process improvement, timeline adherence and overall successful delivery
- Provides technical expertise and assures a focus on high quality and immediate service to both internal and external clients
- The role participates alongside the Business Head in the areas of site evaluation, budgeting, estimating, value engineering, contracting, and scheduling
- Set expectations for meeting project timelines/budget and delivery of quality products; establishes measurement tools for evaluating the same
- Participate in the Design Development and Construction Document phases of the design process and provide real-time cost feedback as the plans and specifications evolve.
- Participate in critical design meetings to analyze plans and specifications for coordination, constructability, value engineering, and completeness.
- Prepare pricing for contemplated value engineering, alternative means, methods, materials, and systems, and adjust budgets as per approved alternates.
- Bring innovation in design to incorporate new trends and customer preferences
- Proactively identifies potential risk issues and establishes a preventative action plan to address them
- Provide technical expertise on innovative construction methodologies that improve the product delivery
- Provide effective problem resolutions to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships between the vendor and site team.
- Develop strong internal and external relationships with key constituents and work with the Site Construction Leads and the Program Management team to ensure projects are properly scoped and executed according to plan
- Oversee the cost estimates, inflation factor projections, construction administration fee estimates, and milestone schedules.
- Participate in project planning with PD for project as dictated by demands of the project; contributes to site planning, preliminary building design, prospective project budgeting and scheduling
- Ensure adherence to the standard operating procedures for all planning and estimation and contracting activities
- Mentor the Estimation & Planning engineers, Design and Construction team provide solutions to issues with vendors
- In respect of major sub-contractor orders, review the work order before it is issued
- Engage in constant discussions with PMC Managers to ensure that issues with vendors are kept in control.
People Focus :
- Responsible for managing his/her team by enforcing policies and procedures
- Supervise and manage the performance of the team, ensure annual appraisals and informal performance reviews
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members / contractors and for successful project delivery
- Identify training needs for the team
- Responsible to counsel and retain the top/ critical talent and keep the attrition rate low
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering
- Preferably a Masters in Engineering or Business Administration
- 10-15 years of experience in construction management experience or the equivalent with desired experience/expertise.