Western Enterprises - Material Handler/Shipping Clerk (1-4 yrs)
Job Title -
Material Handler/Shipping Clerk
In accordance to written and oral instruction, receives, stores, and issues materials, parts, and supplies
Essential Duties Material Handler:
- Pull stock orders
- Process assembled products to shipping department
- Pull parts for assembly or outside operations per work orders.
- Replenish shelves with stock by assembling products per work orders or by purchased product.
- Maintain accurate records using computer transactions and inventory cycle counts
- File paperwork in appropriate locations
- Transport material to and from assembly or shipping and receiving
- Operate lift truck
- May operate table saw, strapping machine, or skin packing machine
- Keep equipment and area clean, orderly, and safe
- Any and all other duties as assigned
Essential Duties Shipping Clerk :
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
- Inserts items into containers.
- Nails covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal tape.
- Applies identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates tier lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping platform to storage or work area.Any and all other duties as assigned
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints
- Some judgement required to ensure performed assigned duties correctly and safely for self and others
- Concentrated mental and visual attention and manual dexterity required
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Acceptable Experience or Training:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years previous experience preferred