Senior Associate at Quess Corp
Views:1449 Applications:47 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Wetland Expert - Bihar Vikas Mission - Contractual Role (10-20 yrs)
IKYA Human Capital Solutions. (A Division of QUESS CORP Ltd).
Recruiting for : Bihar Vikas Mission, Government of Bihar.
The contract period of employment shall be for 11 months with Govt. of Bihar and can be Renewed/Extended.
Gross Salary per month : Rs. 148,500 /-
Work Location : Patna, Bihar
( Applications will be received from 27th Nov 2018 till 21st Dec 2018)
Note :- Only eligible candidates will be considered for further evaluation.
Position Name :- Wetland Expert
Reports to :- Principal Secretary - Environment & Forest Department
- Master's degree or higher (full time) in Geography / Environmental Sciences / Environment Engineering / Ecology / Botany / Agriculture / Water Resource Management / Water Management
- Minimum 10 years of post-qualification experience in environment conservation and / or sustainable agriculture domain
- Less than 70 years of age as on 1st January 2019.
- Experience in planning / implementation of projects / programs / initiatives for conservation / development / management of wetlands
- Experience in wetland ecology and knowledge of hydric soils
- Experience of working on wetland management related projects / initiatives with relevant state / central government organisations / bilateral / multilateral organizations (e.g. United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), World Nature Organization (WNO), UNDP, IPE Global, WWF India)
- Certificates / Courses in relevant areas will add weight to the candidature
- Honors / Awards / recognized publications in relevant area will be an added advantage
Strategizing and Expert Advisory
- Provide expert technical advice to the Department of Environment and Forest and other Agriculture and allied Departments, in identification, management and conservation of wetlands in the State and support the National Wetland Conservation Programme in achieving its desired results and objectives
- Enhance the programs and projects related to management and development of wetlands in Bihar, by leveraging relevant technology such as geographic information systems and other computer modelling programs, for surveying wetland and compiling reports to facilitate them being put to best for multiple purposes
- Undertake scientific research to assess and record the water levels in major wetland areas of the state and generate the results to be further used to assess the suitability of the land for agriculture and allied activities
- Prepare and review project proposals, applications, and reports with respect to conserving the wetlands for habitat restoration for the multiple species
- Lead the fieldwork activities for wetlands and facilitate capacity building sessions for field functionaries in extensive activities such as collection of vegetation, understanding and collection of wetland soil, collection and interpretation of environmental, usage of aerial data and photographs and data to help in identification of plant species that can be bred on wetlands
- Support the Department in preparing Wetland mitigation design Wetlands restoration and replication design
- Design and implement plans and programs to promote the wise use of wetlands in the State and enhance the quality of the wetland reserves in the State
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.