Manager - Client Relation & Delivery at Volantis Technologies Pvt. Ltd
Views:1815 Applications:237 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Wind & Site Head - Renewable Energy Sector (8-15 yrs)
Position title : Wind & Site Head
Job location : Mumbai
Client profile : World renowned Germany based Wind Turbine MNC
Years of experience : 8 to 15 years
Objective of the position :
- Responsible for providing Wind and Site engineering to the Sales & project management organization and CLIENT's customers
- Providing expert advice on site suitability, layout optimization, yield prediction, product choice, power curve guarantees, sound power level guarantees,
- Managing technical risks and implementing technical solutions to ensure that profits are maximized for the CLIENT's Group
- An engineering graduate or equivalent relevant experience/professional development in the field of engineering (any discipline, Master's degree level preferred)
Required professional experience :
- Total 8 to 15 Years of experience
- 2 to 5 years relevant experience
- Relate industry experience to current work tasks taking on board new engineering methods, tools and tasks as applicable
- Previous experience of working in a Wind engineer / Analysis role, and knowledge of relevant industry software such as WindPRO / WASP, is highly desirable.
- Continually build industry knowledge base and discuss with and share with peers
- Aware of health and safety standards and the implementation of safe practices as applied to all roles
Specific required skills :
- Experience of working in the Renewable EnergySector (particularly wind) would be advantageous
- Responsibility on all Wind and Site engineering related aspects throughout sales and execution phase
- Regular communication and alignment on project related topics with internal / external customers and stakeholders
- No staff supervision,
- no budget responsibility
Main Task :
- Market requirements analyses and creation of development requests to ensure good product fit today and in future conduct site suitability and performance optimized assessments for potential, and if required, existing sites. This includes assessing the site layout, topography, wind and environmental conditions (wind speed, shear, temperature, turbulence, density, etc.) and the relevant product parameters in a wind industry standard assessment package (Wind Pro / WASP).
- In depth technical analysis is required for site assessment activities using wind assessment packages, probability forecasting (e.g. for extreme winds) and for further calculations, all of which results in a detailed technical report and set of recommendations for each site.
- Provide expert advice to customers, both internal and external, on the details of the optimization for windfarm sites in order to maximize sales and return during each project the Engineer will liaise with customers to retrieve and assess site data, filter and analyses the relevant information and write site suitability reports presenting the site conditions of a project. These reports are delivered to CLIENT's HQ as part of the load assessment process (as required).
- As part of the Sales phase activities, the engineer will provide an analysis of competitor's products, for a given project if required, to assist the Sales team in contract negotiations with customers.
- Relevant technical conferences will be attended to increase knowledge and skills. This may also involve taking part in the technical working groups both internally and externally (such as relevant technical committees)
- Provide expertise on wind turbine control solutions concerning turbine power curve, sound management and load management to ensure solutions are provided to customers that enhance CLIENT- s's competitive advantage. The engineer will also ensure that project parameters in the Sales / design phase are implemented as designed in the project completion and operational phases.
- The engineer, for a given project and part of a wider technical project team, is responsible for addressing wind and site technical queries during contract negotiation phase, project delivery phase and operational phase. This activity will also include reviewing and agreeing the relevant technical details in a contract and documenting risks and providing solutions and mitigation's as required Lead and assess the technical aspects of power performance guarantees and performance measurements for an allocated project. This may include the application and assessment of IEC 61400-12 testing criteria and the use of SCADA analysis software.
- Lead and assess the technical aspects of sound power guarantees and acoustics and performance measurements, for a allocated projects. This may include the application and assessment of IEC 61400-11 testing criteria and the relevant in country planning regulations Analyse and track the accuracy of modelling predictions (e.g. P50, wind driven risk indicators, expected power performance) using operational performance and SCADA data in order to support the Service department, validate models and improve existing techniques When required, work with other technical departments in CLIENT's to ensure an efficient and coordinated engineering service is provided and is constantly improved. This may involve acting as Technical Lead on some projects.
- Instigate and coordinate product development requests. This will include liaising with departments to ensure developments are correctly prioritized, and then closely monitoring progress to ensure developments are delivered on time and in accordance with the relevant processes.
- Execute technical non-conformity projects to resolve issues delaying or preventing take over
- Excellent planning, time management skills and a proactive approach
- Strong data quality and analytical skills.
- High level of technical report writing skills is essential
- A detailed understanding of wind turbine systems in a commercial environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, both verbal and written are essential
- Ability to priorities to complete tasks to required timescales
- Participation in engineering communities is part of the role; to share information and best practice across the Project Engineering community
- Maintain effective working relationships within the team and wider organization
- Ability to communicate appropriate to the situation and present contents in a clear, understandable and target-oriented manner
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.