Vice President at Workplace Fabric
Views:160 Applications:18 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Workplace Fabric - Lead Engineer - Factory (5-8 yrs)
Job Description - Factory Engineer
About Freespace- (a.k.a. Workplace Fabric)
Workplace Fabric develops solutions that makes workplaces intelligent. Our solutions help increase productivity of office workers while helping to lower the cost of real estate. Our Flagship product Freespace is installed in over 40 cities around the world and serves over 30,000 people every day. Starting with the first deployment in March 2016 we have rapidly grown with our solution being rolled out globally while continuing to stay cash positive. With successes at several blue-chip clients Workplace Fabric has carved a unique leadership position in workplace management and employee engagement SaaS solutions.
- To find out more, follow us on social media - LinkedIn & Facebook @ workplace-fabric
What is on our offer?
- An absolutely action packed, fun and demanding workplace lets our employees to thrive in a team-based environment with passion, fun, pride and teamwork as our core values.
- We can offer you career opportunities to challenge, develop and exceed your aspirations with training and development throughout your career.
- Life is never dull at Freespace as there is always something to learn, constantly pushing you to develop your skills and take on the next exciting challenge.
Job Responsibilities :
- Primarily, to develop a deep understanding of the steps in manufacturing processes including device configuration, troubleshooting, preparation and assembly. Implement these efficiently and meticulously to ensure market demand is sufficiently met with a high quality of output.
- Become an expert and the go-to individual on device configuration and behaviour. Contribute towards the growing documentation and reports for products to ensure the knowledge base is complete to the fullest potential.
- Assist with the packaging and shipping procedures to ensure timely and safe arrival of product at a global level.
- Conduct periodic inventory checks to confirm stock availability, manage inbound and outbound stock and update databases. Ensure that stock is promptly replenished to keep delays to a minimum.
- Work closely with the support team to manage returns process including raising RMA documentation, testing reports, and classifying errors and handling the outbound replacement and warranty processes.
- Engage in the testing and development of new parts, products and services to meet the evolving business needs.
Required Skills :
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills when facing new challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, and an ability to express issues and concerns clearly.
- Strong work ethic and an interest in completing a job to a high standard and to maximise quality. Learning from mistakes and not making the same error twice.
- An outstanding attention to detail, and the ability to keep on top of workload with structured organisational skills.
- Exposure to electrical hardware and manufacturing processes of any kind.
Good to have :
- PCB handling experience.
- Software experience.
- Experience with shipping processes including occasional international exports.
- At least 5 years with a working background (preferably in manufacturing/engineering)
Key Behavior :
- Ability to lead a project with complete ownership of project delivery
- Clear thinker with a systematic problem-solving approach
- Unafraid to own mistakes
- Enthusiastic, analytical, creative, innovative and confident
Location : Trade World Kamala Compound, Lower Parel, Mumbai